U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., cum laude, Advocacy Emphasis
- University of Missouri-Columbia, B.A. Political Science, Journalism Minor
Garrett focuses his practice on business litigation and white-collar criminal defense and compliance litigation.
He has experience representing clients in a variety of matters in both state and federal courts, including complex business litigation, constitutional challenges, civil rights litigation, employment matters, free speech and election law cases, internal investigations, government relations, and appellate practice.
Prior to joining the firm, Garrett was an attorney in private practice at a boutique litigation firm, where he specialized in commercial litigation, white-collar criminal defense, and free speech and election law.
Garrett earned his law degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, where he graduated cum laude. Garrett was a member of both the UMKC Law Review and Urban Lawyer law journals, serving on the UMKC Law Review Board as Lead Comment Editor. In addition to graduating with honors, Garrett was on the Dean’s list and received CALI Excellence Awards for the top grades in Criminal Law, Legislation, and Seminar on the Supreme Court.
Before law school, Garrett received a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a minor in Journalism from University of Missouri. Garrett is active in the Kansas City community, serving on several boards and committees.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Criminal Defense and Compliance Litigation
- Constitutional Law
- Appellate Practice
Activities and Memberships
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Lawyers Association of Kansas City
- Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy
- KCMBA Bar Leadership Academy
- Catholic Lawyers Guild of Kansas City
- Board of Directors, Mizzou Alumni Association Kansas City
- Board of Directors, Catholic Lawyers Guild of Kansas City
- Member, Knights of Columbus, Msgr. Ernest J. Fiedler Council #14489