- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 1996, with distinction
Order of the Coif
- University of Kansas, B.S., 1993
Phi Beta Kappa
Nancy helps her clients to prepare for the future, both for themselves and for future generations. She cares deeply about her clients, as well as their families, their businesses, and their personal goals. With nearly 20 years of experience, Nancy counsels clients on a variety of estate planning and business succession planning matters.
Nancy works with her clients to develop personalized estate plans, designed to accomplish their specific objectives. She crafts estate plans to allow her clients to:
- Direct assets to or for the benefit of designated beneficiaries
- Avoid probate
- Preserve assets
- Reduce federal estate tax liability
She helps her clients accomplish these goals through the use of common estate planning documents, including revocable and irrevocable trusts. When appropriate, Nancy will work with her clients to design an estate plan to include more sophisticated estate planning vehicles, such as intentionally defective grantor trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, and family limited partnerships. Nancy can also assist clients with post-death matters, including probate and trust administration.
In addition to her estate planning practice, Nancy assists her clients with general corporate law matters, including the formation of business entities and formulating and drafting shareholder buy/sell agreements, operating agreements, and redemption agreements in anticipation of transition events, including death and disability. Because of her representation of closely held businesses, Nancy understands the relationship between estate planning and business planning and recognizes the importance of having a succession plan.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Menorah Medical Center, Member of the Board of Trustees
- Blue Valley Educational Foundation, Board Member 2009-2015
- Kansas Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- University of Kansas Alumni Association