- Hamline University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, LL.M. in Urban Law
- Mankato State University, B.A, M.A. in Urban & Regional Studies
Bill has over 30 years of experience practicing law in both the private and public sector, including over 14 years as the City Counselor for the City of Independence. His practice concentrates on local government law and real estate development, including zoning, land use, and economic incentives.
Bill serves as special counsel for many political subdivisions utilizing development tools such as tax increment financing, tax abatement, and the creation of special purpose districts such as transportation development districts and community improvement districts. Bill also represents property owners and developers on real estate development matters.
Areas of Practice
- Local Government Law
- Real Estate Development
- Zoning and Land Use
Activities and Memberships
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Independence Council for Economic Development
- Missouri Economic Development Financing Association
- Missouri Municipal Attorneys Association
- Independence Chamber of Commerce
- Eastern Jackson County Bar Association
- Best Lawyers in America 2010-2018 (Land Use and Zoning Law and Real Estate Law)
- Highest attorney rating from Martindale-Hubbell (AV)