- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- Juris Doctor
- Kansas State University, B.S.
- cum laude
Understanding the operations of closely held businesses, Steve Willman is able to render valuable representation to business entities, including physician groups, and assist their principals in their business and personal planning.
He has assisted clients in the formation, structuring, purchase and/or sale of businesses; tax and strategic planning, preparation of corporate agreements; and the negotiation of financing arrangements. Steve assists business owners in the coordination of business plans with their estate plans and in the transition of ownership upon death or disability. This blend of knowledge in business and estate planning matters is essential due to the impact that business changes often have on a person’s estate plan.
In tailoring an estate plan that is appropriate for each client, Mr. Willman focuses upon the objectives of avoiding probate, reducing estate tax liability and providing an orderly disposition of property at death. He customarily prepares traditional as well as complex estate plan documents, such as wills, trusts, irrevocable trusts, family limited partnerships, irrevocable life insurance trusts and charitable trusts.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Health Care
- Trusts & Estates
Activities and Memberships
- American Bar Association-Member
- Missouri Bar-Member
- Kansas Bar Association-Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association-Member
- Lawyers Association of Kansas City-Member
- Johnson County Community College on “Legal Issues for Small Businesses”-Instructor
- Kansas State University Alumni Association-Member
- Shawnee Mission School District Education Foundation-Director
- Board of Directors of Fundraising for Presbyterian Manor, Kansas City, Kansas-Member