Bar & Court Admissions
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D. 1982
- Kansas State University, B.S. 1979, Cum Laude
For over 40 years, Steve Willman has provided practical legal advice to business clients in complex matters. Steve assists clients in a variety of sophisticated business legal matters including mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of businesses. Steve often acts as outside general counsel addressing legal matters that arise on a day-to-day basis including ownership disputes, contract negotiations, employment related issues, business planning, business succession planning, and preparation of documents.
Steve has provided representation to clients in transactions having a value well in excess of one billion dollars.
Steve has developed particular expertise in representing renewable energy clients in all aspects of their businesses. In particular, Steve has provided valuable assistance to wind, solar, energy storage and other renewable energy developers and companies. Steve has assisted clients in the purchase and sale of renewable energy projects, negotiation and preparation of vendor contracts, preparation of development services agreements, addressing environmental and land use permitting issues, coordination of development activities with land surface owners, and all other matters related to renewable energy project development.
Steve combines legal knowledge, hard work, and practical thinking to accomplish client objectives in an efficient and effective manner. Steve has been recognized by Chambers USA as one of four lawyers practicing in Corporate/M&A Practice in the state of Kansas.
Areas of Practice
- Renewable Energy Law
- Business Law
- Corporations & Business Organizations
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Estate & Succession Planning
Areas of Emphasis
- Business Transactions
- Corporate Counsel
- Business Structures
- Business ownership, sales and succession
Activities and Memberships
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Former Instructor for Johnson County Community College on “Legal Issues for Small Business”
- Served as, Shawnee Mission School District Education Foundation Director
Honors and Recognition
- Ranked by Chambers USA, 2023 for corporate law and mergers and acquisitions, 2023