Rouse Frets White Goss Gentile Rhodes, P.C.
5250 W. 116th Place, Suite 400
Leawood, Kansas 66211
Direct: (913) 549-2254
Fax: (913) 928-6739
Bar & Court Admissions
U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D. 2014, Business and Commercial Law Certificate
- University of Kansas, B.A. 2010
Jean has experience serving individuals and businesses in a number of industries including healthcare, legal services, staffing, restaurant/hospitality, media & entertainment, and logistics. He handles a wide variety of issues including entity formation, corporate and LLC governance, general contract negotiations, commercial leasing, business acquisitions, and compliance with employment laws. Jean’s previous litigation experience helps him bring a unique approach to problem solving. Jean has served in numerous leadership roles including with the Johnson County Bar, the KBA, the LAKC-YLS, and with the Earl E. O’Connor Inn of Court. In 2021, Jean was appointed to the Kansas CLE Board where he participates in the regulation of continuing legal education for attorneys practicing in the state of Kansas. In 2017, he was recognized by the Kansas Bar Association who awarded him the Outstanding Young Lawyer Award. In addition to English, Jean also speaks French and Haitian Creole.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Corporations & Business Organizations
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Higher Education
- Payments & Prepaid Instruments
Activities and Memberships
- Kansas Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
Honors And Recognition
- Johnson County Bar Association President’s Award, 2019
- Kansas Bar Association’s Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, 2017
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, since 2017
- Black Faculty and Staff Council Scholar Award, University of Kansas School of Law
Publications and Presentations
- July 2021. Jean Ménager, “The Intersection of Ethics and Professionalism”. Topic: Ethics Q&A for the American Inns of Court.
- July 2021. Jean Ménager, panelist, “Ethics in the Practice of Law”, On-Demand CLE for the American Inns of Court. Topics: what “legal ethics” means to you, ethical obligations regarding prospective cases, and duty to report.
- April 8, 2021. Linda Adeniji, Bayli Martin, Jean Ménager, “Employer Considerations in the Age of Covid”, CLE presentation at the Johnson County Bar Association’s Bench Bar conference. Topics: FMLA and Paid Sick Leave; Vaccination Requirements; EEOC Guidance on Disability Accommodations for High-Risk Employees; and EEOC and DOL Guidance on Remote Working as a Reasonable Accommodation.
- April 8, 2021. Jean Ménager, panelist, “Diversity in Transactional Law Forum”, presented at University of Kansas School of Law. Topic: moderated panel discussion.
- May 8, 2019. Joe Colantuono, Isaac Keppler, Jean Ménager, Ethics CLE presentation for a Kansas City metro-area law firm. Topics: Preservation and Discovery of Electronic Evidence; and Responding to Ethics Complaint; Ethical Obligations and Ransomware.