U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Ball State University (Muncie, IN), B.S., 2006
Chris received his undergraduate degrees in Political Science and Criminal Justice & Criminology Magna Cum Laude from Ball State University in 2006. He served as Vice President of the Student Government Association and President of Phi Gamma Delta. Chris graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law in 2009. Chris was a member of Law Review and the Moot Court Executive Board. He received awards for academic excellence.
While attending law school, Chris served as a Court Appointed Special Advocate representing children in the Jackson County Family Court and clerked for Shamberg, Johnson & Bergman, Chtd. Upon graduation, Chris served as a law clerk to the Honorable Marco Roldan in the Jackson County Circuit Court. While clerking for Judge Roldan, he handled civil, criminal, domestic and juvenile cases.
Chris joined the law firm in 2011. Since that time, he has focused his practice on litigation matters, including business litigation, construction law, general civil litigation, labor and employment, and medical malpractice defense. Chris has represented clients in state and federal courts in Missouri and Kansas, and in arbitration.
Chris lives in Overland Park with his wife and daughter. Chris volunteers for Phi Gamma Delta, working with chapters throughout Missouri and conducting educational and leadership programs throughout the Midwest.
Areas of Practice
- Arbitrator – American Arbitration Association
- Business Litigation
- Construction Law
- General Civil Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Selected to Benchmark 40 & Under Hot List for Litigators, 2018
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2017
- Phi Gamma Delta Haynes Award (for most effective Section Chief), 2014
- Ball State University Graduate of the Last Decade Award, 2012
Activities and Memberships
- Missouri Bar Association- Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association- Member
- Johnson County Bar Foundation, Trustee and Fellow
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Earl E. O’Connor American Inn of Court
- Leawood Chamber of Commerce
- Young Professionals Committee Member
- Young Professionals Board of Legal Aid of Western Missouri
- Past Secretary
- Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court, 2011-2012