U.S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D., 2010
- Kansas State University, B.S, 2006
Scott graduated from Kansas State University in 2006 with a Bachelor of Science double majoring in political science and history. He then attended the University of Tulsa College of Law where he was a member of the Dean’s Honor Roll and served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Daman Cantrell in the 14th Judicial District of Oklahoma.
Scott’s practice primarily focuses on complex commercial litigation, business, and construction law. Scott’s construction law practice involves representing clients participating in various aspects of the construction industry. He has extensive experience reviewing and negotiating complex construction agreements and advises clients in a wide array of construction matters, including contract termination, defect claims, performance and payment bond claims, and mechanic’s lien claims.
Scott regularly advises entrepreneurial entities serving as outside counsel for a construction company working in the midstream energy infrastructure and heavy civil construction markets, a technical rescue services company, and various other closely held businesses.
Scott’s litigation experience covers a broad array of issues, having represented business entities and individuals involved in contract, tort, real estate, trademark, and employment disputes.
Areas of Practice
- Construction Law
- Business Litigation
- Business Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Missouri Bar
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law
- The Kansas Bar Association
- The Johnson County Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Vice Chairman, Construction Law Committee, 2018
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers “Rising Stars,” 2016, 2017
- Associate Fellow – Construction Lawyers Society of America
- Co-Author, 2017, 2018 Cumulative Supplements (Kansas Law Chapter), State-By-State Guide to Design and Construction Contracts and Claims, Second Edition, Aspen Publishers, 2013