Rouse Frets White Goss Gentile Rhodes, P.C.
5250 W. 116th Place, Suite 400
Leawood, Kansas 66211
Main: (913) 387-1600
Direct: (913) 945-4972
Fax: (913) 928-6739
Bar & Court Admissions
- Missouri, 2016
- Kansas, 2017
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- The University of Michigan Law School, J.D 2016
- Brigham Young University, B.S. 2011, Cum Laude, National Merit Scholar
Alex focuses his practice on land use, entitlements, permitting, and zoning for clients including individuals, businesses, and renewable energy developers. He counsels clients on a variety of issues, including permitting and administrative hearings, while working to create valuable solutions focused on the client’s principles and goals. Alex has experience representing clients in commercial litigation, contract negotiation, and corporate matters.
Previously, Alex was an assistant city attorney for one of the fastest growing cities in Kansas, serving as counsel to its Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals. City staff regularly relied on Alex to analyze and resolve issues with businesses and individuals interacting with city regulations and code. He now brings this expertise to the table for clients navigating municipal issues.
Alex earned his undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University, where he volunteered as a Court Appointed Special Advocate and served as an administrator for the Special Olympics. Alex received his law degree from the University of Michigan Law School, where he participated in the Michigan Innocence Clinic, the Child Welfare Appellate Clinic, and as a mock trial coach to high school students.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Public Law
- Land Use & Zoning
- Economic Development Incentives
- Real Estate
- Municipal Law and Government
- Government Relations
- Administrative Law and Regulatory Proceedings
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Kansas Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association; Ross. T. Roberts Trial Academy Graduate
- Johnson County Bar Association; Young Lawyer’s Section Officer
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Soccer Coach
- Youth Sunday School Teacher
- Boy Scouts of America, Assistant Scoutmaster (2017-2020)
Alex and his wife, Tabitha, are parents of three children. They reside in Overland Park, where they can often be found exploring the area trail system. Alex is fluent in Spanish.